Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Kreoss Final

Here's Kreoss finished. I have to find some way to get better pictures, which is as soon as possible. Overall fairly satisfied with the way he came out - a few things I would do differently and I'll discuss those. This model is not yet matte sealed.



The Colors:
Primed in Army Painter Skeleton Bone
VGC Bone White
VGC Scarlet Red
VGC Gore Red
VGC Blood Red
VGC Fluo Green
VGC Tinny Tin
VGC Brassy Brass
VGC Polished Gold
VMC Gunmetal Grey
Citadel Abaddon Black
Citadel Dark Angel Green
Citadel Gryphonne Sepia Wash
Citadel Badab Black Wash
Citadel Carroburg Crimson Wash

Edit: the entire base is Galeforce 9 products. Washed the white rock in Devlan Mud, drybrushed with VGC Beasty and a little VGC Bone.

Analysis:

Feels good to be somewhat content with a model!

I don't pretend to be some Golden Demon award vacuum. Hell, I throw a friggin party when I can look at a model and say "can't wait to play it" instead of not putting it on the table with some sort of pride.

I need to work on smoother color transitions as well as planning better. This was my first model for my Menoth box, so I will be applying what I've learned to the next models I paint for that faction in this scheme.

I also need to work on my fine detailing. I feel I have a stronger grasp than I used to on wide-surface blending and (proper) painting. My small details seem to suffer a little.

Overall, though, not very happy with the metallics. Would like to see if I could get some more functional small brushes as well as read up a little more on metallics.

Priming bone and washing in sepia didn't quite turn out as bright as I expected. Quite a bit darker but it actually worked out as I like the darker vibe. I highlighted the shoulders after I painted the studs which I wont be doing next time. My next recipe for metallic studs on top of non-metallics will be:

- Finish the surface the studs are attached to
- Black out the studs with Abaddon Black or VGC/MC Black and a very small space around them
- Paint the studs
- Add a dab of wash to the studs to tone the metallic down (if appropriate)
- Highlight dab (if appropriate)



This entire box set though.........





No comments:

Post a Comment